Last year April, after 12+ years in corporate as a Software Engineer, I decided to step out and build something of my own. It's been more than a year and after sorting out a lot of personal goals, including my own physical health and no compromise on emotional development of my now 2.5 year old son, the journey of monalytix finally gaining pace.
As a software engineer, you are given a task and you execute it. As you grow up the ladder, your ownership, leadership, ideas starts to gain more value. But building your own business is a completely different ball game. And now that I have taken this decision, its more of "idhar kua, udhar khai" kind of a situation :D With that much experience in corporate, even job is not a easy place to be in. The resilence needed to keep and grow in a job will also come from having the capacity to build an end-to-end product and being able to sell it, and scale it. So building monalytix is an inevitable journey for me, atleast for next one year.
I have been wanting to journal and was not able to decide where to start publishing. I wanted the timeline remain intact. I had bought the domain monalytix.com for this purpose, but then I realised I want to preserve it as my business' face, and not mine. I also do not want to get another domain, as it will be difficult to manage. Linkedin in way too public for raw thoughts like these, atleast at this stage. So I thought this blog is perfect. It represents me, its private enough, and public if someone really wants to follow it.
The format I want to follow is, I will write monthly journals. I will keep updating the same article with my random thoughts/epiphany during that month. As I move into the next month, the thoughts move to the next month's article. [p.s: Wow, that's an amazing idea! [flying kiss]]
Over the last few months, I have been using AI to build applications. There are two ways I have been using it:
1. Building an end-end product using AI. This is useful only if, if I don't want to do any customization.
Re-Writing prompts again and again, till AI hits the right spot, is something I really don't like. I don't feel engaged and empowered enough release it as final product. Thats' me, others might feel differently but that is definetly not working for me. And yes I used Claude paid version.
2. I have been using chatgpt to ideate application and it's writes snippets of code for me. I throw my very random, raw ideas. Chatgpt provides structure and planning and code snippets. I do as it says, and voila, things run, I understand the flow. Win win! The challenge I face here is, with every next question it just keeps taking to a different tangent, and scope becomes way more vast than it was initially planned, making the project directionless.
So after every deep session, I have decided to spend a day to consolidate what I have built so far, take notes and write documentation so that I dont loose track of what and how I am building things.
Happy Building!
No comments:
Post a Comment